- The U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command is seeking wearable stress sensors powered by soldiers. More here.
- During a visit by a visit by a Chinese defense minister, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said that the US and China must work together to avoid unleashing their formidable cyber warfare capabilities against each other. More here.
- A proposed 2013 spending bill by the House Appropriations Committee would increase Department of Homeland Security cybersecurity funding by 63% to $791 million. More here.
- House Armed Services Committee chairman Rep. Howard McKeon pushed for a clause in the draft bill of the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal 2013 which confirms that the Department of Defense has the authority to conduct cyber operations. More here.
- Making businesses bear the cost of regulation has sparked debate about the Lieberman-Collins cybersecurity legislation. More here.
You are here: Home / Cyber Security / Wearable Army Stress Sensors, Avoiding Cyber Conflict With China, and More
Wearable Army Stress Sensors, Avoiding Cyber Conflict With China, and More
Filed Under: Cyber Security Tagged With: China, Defense Department, DoD, Leon Panetta, National Defense Authorization Act, Sensors, United States Secretary of Defense
CTOvision Pro Special Technology Assessments
We produce special technology reviews continuously updated for CTOvision Pro members. Categories we cover include:
- Analytical Tools - With a special focus on technologies that can make dramatic positive improvements for enterprise analysts.
- Big Data - We cover the technologies that help organizations deal with massive quantities of data.
- Cloud Computing - We curate information on the technologies enabling enterprise use of the cloud.
- Communications - Advances in communications are revolutionizing how data gets moved.
- GreenIT - A great and virtuous reason to modernize!
- Infrastructure - Modernizing Infrastructure can have dramatic benefits on functionality while reducing operating costs.
- Mobile - This revolution is empowering the workforce in ways few of us ever dreamed of.
- Security - There are real needs for enhancements to security systems.
- Visualization - Connecting computers with humans.
- Hot Technologies - Firms we believe warrant special attention.