By MarkLogic is hosting a short Big Data symposium on the 19th of June, 2013, at the Washington Marriott Metro Center. This event explores how some government agencies have successfully exploited Big Data capabilities to take advantage of new technologies.
The agenda is below:
8:00am Registration, Breakfast & Networking
8:50am Welcome & Introductions
9:00am What’s the Big Deal with Big Data? What You Don’t Know Will Hurt You…
Steve Cooper, former CIO of DHS and FAA, will provide a government focused perspective on big data and the problems associated with capturing and managing it so that it can create value for agencies and taxpayers alike. Specifically, he’ll be talking about issues that traditional, legacy technologies can’t solve — and what types of capabilities agencies should be looking for in order to avoid the schedule delays and cost overruns that often plague government IT projects.
9:40am Imagine What You Could Do with Enterprise NoSQL
Data can be an enabler — or an inhibitor — depending on the tools you have to manage and manipulate it. As new data types flood organizations, the pressure is on to take all this any-structured data and quickly find value in it. Learn why organizations in both the public and private sector are using the power of Enterprise NoSQL to create an agile database platform that allows them to quickly and cost-effectively turn multi-structured data into actionable information to make better decisions, create new products, comply with laws or provide access to their citizens and customers.
10:20am Case Study: Emergency Operations
The Emergency Operations system is used to monitor and track emergencies and severe weather, with a dashboard that is updated in real-time for situational awareness and crisis management. The system brings together a mix of structured and unstructured information from multiple sources and makes it searchable and discoverable for a variety of users. It also includes workflow, visualization, and mapping features to help users turn new data into actionable information.
Be sure to register here.
- Join us at MarkLogic’s Big Data Nation 2013, on June 19th (ctovision.com)
- MarkLogic 7 Vision: World-Class Triple Store and World-Beating Information Store (ctolabs.com)
- An Introduction to Big Data and NoSQL Solutions (architects.dzone.com)
- NoSQL Vs. Hadoop: Big Data Spotlight At E2 (informationweek.com)
- MarkLogic looks to push NoSQL beyond publishing (information-age.com)
- I Have All the Data in the World, Now What? (architects.dzone.com)
- MarkLogic 7 Vision: World-Class Triple Store and World-Beating Information Store (semanticweb.com)
- Scientel Wins Corp! Magazine 2013 DiSciTech Award for Big Data Developments (prweb.com)